To find out more information about treatments with me and to find the best diet for you, please look at the links on the left.
Sebastian Pole, Ayurvedic and Chinese Practitioner
Lic OHM, Ayur HC, MAPA, MRCHM, MURHP
For any information about my clinic please read the Consultations document.
Before you visit the clinic please book an appointment on 01225 466944 and bring along the completed Questionnaire (downladable as a PDF document) .
Practising herbal medicine is a great honour for me. To be able to enter into a wholesome healing relationship with my patients and to utilise the powerful effects of natural plant medicines is my life’s work. The depth of wisdom that is contained in the traditional medical systems of Ayurveda, Chinese medicine and our own European herbal practice is a continual inspiration. The ability of many of my patients to address the underlying problems with their health and to flourish into rejuvenated people is a wonderful lesson.
* I am trained to practitioner level in Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western herbalism. I run a treatment clinic in Bath at Neal’s Yard.
* I have been in clinical practice since 1998. In my clinic my special interest is in skin, digestive and gynaecological problems. I incorporate herbs, diet and where relevant breathing practices and yoga into the treatments.
* My goal is to empower my patients to understand how to care for themselves.
* I am a registered member with the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, Register of Chinese Medicine and the Unified Register of Herbal Practitioners-some of the main herbal bodies in the UK.
* I have clinical training experience in Indian clinics and hospitals, Pune and Jamnagar, specialising in panchkarma (detoxification).
* I have spent time working with Ayurvedic doctors in India which has been a priceless addition to my understanding of the Ayurvedic tradition.
* I love writing and have recently written a book entitled ‘Ayurvedic Medicine: The Principle of Traditional Practice’ available from January 2006
* I have extensive knowledge of the herbal and natural remedies industry. I am Co-Managing Director and Herbal Director of Pukka Herbs, pioneers in the organic Ayurvedic field selling herbal teas, formulas, tinctures and oils.
* I have been lucky enough to have gained experience and understanding of growing and cultivating herbs. I am involved with growing organic Ayurvedic herbs on over 1,000 acres of land in India. I advise on organic growing techniques, species cultivation and harvesting/drying methods. I was head gardener at The Organic Herb Trading Company’s garden in Somerset for 3 years.
* I have a degree in Hindi and Indian Religion from The School of Oriental and African Studies. I am fluent in Hindi and can read Sanskrit.
* I have travelled extensively in India living there for over 2 years. This has given me a special insight into Indian culture.
* I have experience manufacturing Ayurvedic medicines in India and western herbal tinctures in the UK.
* I am a qualified Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist. This has nourished my deep interest in Indian philosophical and spiritual tradition.
* I relax in my garden where I grow a range of inspirational herbs.
* I live with my wonderful family in Bath.